Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Brooklyn Flea inspires my Fall Wish List.

This past Sunday, I finally made it to the Williamsburg waterfront for the Brooklyn Flea, which features "hundreds of top vendors of antique and repurposed furniture, vintage clothing, collectibles and antiques, as well as a tightly curated selection of jewelry, art, and crafts by local artisans and designers, plus delicious fresh food." I was on the hunt for some new "jewels"...anyone who knows me knows I wear lots of somewhat cheap, somewhat funky jewelry, but that I'm also constantly losing or breaking it! I'm embarrassed to say how much I spent on Sunday (ha!), but I'm happy to say I bought unique items from true artisans who have clear, creative visions.

With all that perusing and other things lighting up the "I want that!" part of my brain, I felt inspired to create my version of a Fall Wish List. Blogs do this sort of thing, right? Well, try not to judge me for being materialistic. But, if you're feeling generous... 

And do check out the amazing independent vendors of the Brooklyn Flea! 

 Biria single-speed bike that is somehow small enough for me.
(a 5-foot-1 girl can hope --- the last Biria I tried out was the smallest frame and it was still too big)
Really, any bicycle I can ride will do. But isn't this one nice?

 Joan Didion's latest memoir, hitting shelves November 1st

 The ultimate Carl Sagan collection! The box-set of his show Cosmos.
Seems perfect for nights when you no longer feel like being outside.

Giant safety-pin necklace by none other than MF Jewelery

 Small Oval Tree Trunk Earrings by Jessica DeCarlo

Recycled Record Skinny Bracelets from Wrecords by Monkey

Stretchy red and navy headband by Mercato

Red suede blazer by Dashfield Vintage
Screen-printed NYC Subway Tee from Live Poultry

Doc Marten shoes! Or, I gotta find some good Oxfords...suggestions?
Genuine ballerina leg-warmers from NY Dance Store.
I love leg-warmers and will definitely be needing these bad boys as soon as it gets cold.

um...yeah. The new Macbook Pro!

A cute little kitty...of the hairless variety. I happen to live with an allergic boy ;)

-a.d.

No comments:

Post a Comment