Monday, July 25, 2011

Mix Tape: Glow.

The following mix is my first stab at using 8tracks.com, which is pretty fucking sweet! --- "Handcrafted internet radio, it offers a simple way for people to share and discover music through an online mix, a short playlist containing at least 8 tracks." So yes --- 8 tracks, no more than 2 of the same artist, then name it, provide a photo, and anyone can listen. In case you don't know, I am already a mix-making-machine, so this site really suits me! Though I have to say, there is something better about using Scotch tape, scissors, and a typewriter (my tools for ultimate mix-tape customization). Alas, 8tracks is DIY on a new technological playing field. For my first 8tracks mixy-mix, I chose some rather recent tracks I love --- tracks that glide through your bones and breeze through your emotions (ha!). Enjoy the non-silence. 

"Skyscraper" -- Julian Plenti / "Pa Pa Power" -- Dead Man's Bones / "After Glow" -- Foals / 
"Wilderness" -- Active Child / "Walk With Me" -- Moby / "Falling Man" -- Blonde Redhead / 
"Warning Sign" -- Local Natives / "Little Big Ones" -- Grandchildren


(ps, i took that picture of the jellyfish!)
lv, ameee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment