Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If I were going to SXSW....

I wish I were going to SXSW again...so this post and the next few will likely be dedicated to some SXSW-related things for all of you guys who are hanging or trekking there as we speak! Now, I'm fortunate to live in a city where the majority of bands come through on a fairly regular basis, but there's something special about seeing a band play in a fort, or a backyard, or a rooftop, or a barn, or a killer venue in downtown Austin. So, if you are indeed going, do me a favor and check out some of these bands....



If I were going to SXSW, I would see:
[in no particular order, * indicates that I've seen them before, at SXSW or otherwise, and can therefore vouch for their abilities...and please report back if you do go see these bands!]

Grandchildren *
Judgment Day
The Kills
No Joy *
Gold Panda *
Suuns *
We Are Hex
A Place to Bury Strangers *
Weekend *
Yuck
The Black Lips
Bodega Girls *
Indian Jewelry *
This Will Destroy You
When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth *
The Soft Moon *
Kurt Vile
Julianna Barwick *
Goes Cube *
Zola Jesus
Japanther *
O'Death
MNDR
JEFF the Brotherhood *
Phantogram *
OMD
The Joy Formidable
Screaming Females *
Esben and the Witch
Grouplove
Naam *
Dom
Fences

[picture of A Place to Bury Strangers playing SxSW in 2008 by a.dupcak]

No comments:

Post a Comment